Part One: How Well Do I Save Time?
Give 2 points for each of the following habits you have.
1. I take advantage of my learning style. I know strategies that help me learn best and I use them-2
2. I have a monthly calendar to help me keep track of my activities and obligations
3. I have a weekly calendar to help me keep track of my activities and obligations-2
4. Every morning I write a list of the things I have to do-2
5. Any time I feel there are too many things I have to do, I take a few minutes to sit down and organize myself-2
6. When I first get to work, I take a few minutes to figure out things I have to do throughout the day-2
7. I have all of my phone numbers in one place-2
8. I have stacks of papers which represent things I have to do
9. I use self-stick notes to remind me of things I have to do
10. I carry a calculator, so I can do math faster
11. I'm not afraid to ask people for information I need-2
12. I choose to do my work at times when I'm most alert-2
13. I schedule the tasks I don't like to do between the tasks that I like, so that I work faster on things I don't like to do in order to get to tasks I enjoy doing-2
14. I do two tasks at a time when one of them requires waiting-2
15. I make a budget to manage my money. I know how much money to put in the bank and what bills to pay when I get paid-2
16. I know my environmental preferences and make sure I work under those conditions whenever possible-2
17. I get enough sleep, exercise and eat good food. I'm in good health-2
18. I often review my future goals and obligations-2
TOTAL POINTS, PART ONE: _28____
Part Two: Do I Throw Time Away?
Give yourself 2 points for each of the following habits you have.
1. I'm often sleepy at work. I'm more of a night owl than a morning person.
2. I get to work and get busy. I don't have time to think of my daily obligations or to plan ahead
3. I like to do just one thing at a time. When the laundry is going, I take a rest-2
4. I watch TV at least 3 hours a day
5. When I have a personal or professional problem, it occupies my mind. I can spend hours worrying about something-2
6. I'm not the most organized person in the world. My drawers are a disaster area and it seems that I spend a lot of time hunting around for things.-2
7. I don't use a calendar to schedule my time.
8. (If you smoke or drink coffee) I usually spend a good five minutes relaxing with my cigarette or cup of coffee every time I get a chance.
9. I often take personal calls at work.
10. When someone wants to meet with me, I often agree, only to find out later that I am busy at that time. Then I have to call up and reschedule. I just can't keep it all in my head.
TOTAL POINTS, PART TWO: __6___
Part One Points: __28___
Part Two Points: _6____
(Subtract Part Two from Part One)